Think of a large designer wall clock – its unique oversized shape instantly draws attention to it, especially in a modern decor setting. Also, it becomes a focal point on the wall with ease and commands a certain presence in the room, being decorative and functional at the same time. Just like designer clocks can create a lasting impression, other kinds of clocks can also become perfect decorating accessories if you give attention to the location of the clock, the size of the clock, the materials used to make it and the colours it can bring in to the room.
Try these tips to revamp your decor with the use of well selected wall clocks. You’d be surprised to see how great an impact they make, considering that these are a much more cost effective alternative to new textured walls or artworks and paintings!
1. A new modern way to recreate the look and feel of a room is to use a variety of wall clocks, displayed together in a cluster. However, to get this new decor idea right, you need to pick the same themed clocks. You can either choose a variety of painted wall clocks that use accent colours existing in the room, or pick simple round modern wall clocks all with different rim detailing and colour to create an interesting feature. You can choose to hang all clocks in a row, aligned to the centre of the wall. Or, you can also create interesting patterns with clusters as you arrange the clocks in a funky shape.
2. Another great trick is to use a cluster of attractive clocks, and set each clock to different time zones. This idea works especially well in a casual home decor where you have family members living in other continents with different time zones. The fact that you have 3 clocks hanging in a row, each showing time for different country (one of which is local) will create this spot in to a conversation starter! Additional bonus: You also now call your friends and relatives at a more convenient time without having to resort to mental calculation, which invariably leads to your having woken up your sister living in USA from a deep slumber in the middle of the night!
3. While wall clocks can be added to any area – be it the outdoor patio or the bathroom, the design must be inspired by the theme. On large porch walls that are done in stone, metal grandfather clocks look great. Also, on a plain wall, an oversized stone finished clock will have just as striking an impact.
4. Think of adding rhythm wall clocks to your dining area or the home office to create a quaint look, complete with musical notes.
5. You can even get wall clocks personalized at some stores and incorporate them with family photograph to become the clock display for a cool, quirky and unique look. This speaks volumes of your imagination, and also creates a very warm decor style. As they say, good decor is not always expensive; all it really needs is a little imagination, a touch of inspiration and a tad of personality!
Bonus Tip: If you so love wall clocks and decorating with them, get these clocks to become your signature birthday and anniversary gifting idea! Your friends and family members will love your thoughtful gifts all the more J
- It’s About Time: Unique Decorative Wall Clocks (apartmentguide.com)
- Simple ways to dress up bare walls in a new apartment (personalcreations.com)